House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy takes the Small Business Challenge.
NFIB’s Small Business Challenge is a national campaign that invites lawmakers to spend a day “on the job” at a small business in their community and allows them to experience firsthand the challenges small-business owners face, including day-to-day management, compliance, and tax issues.
We hope that once they participate in the challenge, lawmakers are better able grasp the true impact that their decisions in Washington, D.C, have on job creators back home.
“These events present a unique opportunity for NFIB members to have a voice in shaping the public policy issues that affect their businesses,” said former NFIB President and CEO Dan Danner. “Our members want to know that their elected representatives truly understand the needs of small-business owners and will fight for policies that will have a positive impact on their work and quality of life.”
Sen. Pat Toomey spent the day working with Scheerer Bearing Corporation in Willow Grove, PA
Members of Congress who have taken the challenge:
- Senator Ron Johnson in Darien, WI
- Senator Pat Toomey in Willow Grove, PA
- Senator John Cornyn in Austin, TX
- Senator Luther Strange in Montgomery, AL
- Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy in Bakersfield, CA
- Congressman Diane Black in Cookeville, TN
- Congressman Dave Brat in Richmond, VA
- Congressman Buddy Carter in Garden City, GA
- Congressman Barbara Comstock in Chantilly, VA
- Congressman Chris Gibson in Albany, NY
- Congressman Bob Goodlatte in Harrisonburg, VA
- Congressman Lynn Jenkins in Topeka, KS
- Congressman Tim Walberg in Jackson, MI