NFIB is 325,000 small and independent business owners united by one clear mission: to promote and protect your right to own, operate and grow your business.
Who is NFIB?
- 60% of our small and independent business owner members have 5 or fewer employees.
- 55% of NFIB’s members report gross sales of $350,000 or less.
- Founded in 1943, and headquartered in Washington, DC
- 325,000 strong, nonpartisan, nonprofit association.
- NFIB’s members determine NFIB’s policies. Each NFIB member gets ONE vote. No exceptions.
How does NFIB protect my right to own a business?
- NFIB’s members support teams in Washington, D.C. and in all 50 states that fight to give every type of small and independent business a voice in government policy-making.
- NFIB conducts research, such as our monthly Small Business Economic Trends, that Federal Reserve officials, Congress, state legislatures and presidential administration officials rely on as one of the more valuable barometers of the American economy.
- NFIB’s members join together for combined buying power and the volume savings that come with it to compete with big business.
- These cost-effective products and services include commercial and health insurance, office equipment, maintenance and repair supplies, credit card processing, shipping, computer bundles, uniforms and more.
- NFIB’s members rely on daily how-to articles from a comprehensive online library for entrepreneurs.
- Whether you’re just starting a business, looking to expand or exploring how to pass on or sell your business, members choose from tips, videos, infographics and other tools.
NFIB also protects the future of small business through three amazing Foundations.
NFIB builds the foundation for a strong small business community by providing legal assistance through the NFIB Small Business Legal Center, insight into the small business economy through the Research Foundation, and college scholarships through the Young Entrepreneur Foundation.
Get Started with Your NFIB Membership: