• Supported tax reform lowering the personal income rate from 5.49% to 5.25%. The legislation also reduced the corporate tax rate from 3% to 2.5% and increased the personal exemption from $17,500 to $20,000, saving small-business owner thousands of dollars annually.
• Successfully opposed a tax increase or adding new taxes on services.
• Prevented additional health insurance mandates, avoiding additional increases in premiums. introduced each session which ultimately increases the cost of health care premiums for all employers and employees.
• Helped pass legislation making it clear people who work for a franchise aren't employees of the franchisor. The measure was filed in response to a decision by the National Labor Relations Board that claimed otherwise.
• Worked closely with other business groups to restore North Carolina's no-fault workers' compensation system, ensuring that workers receive timely access to benefits while protecting against fraud.