Human Resources FAQs – Managing Your Employees
Find answers to the most common challenges that managers face.
Staffing and Management
- Can my business run a background check before making an offer of employment?
- Can a recruiter ask a job candidate, “Do you own a car?”
- One of my employees was arrested and charged with a crime. We would like to terminate. Is suspension more appropriate?
- An employee is secretly recording conversations with management and other employees. What should we do?
- When we hire or fire an exempt worker mid week, will we violate the salary basis test under the FLSA if we don’t pay the employee for the whole week?
Please note: this material is provided as general information and is not a substitute for legal or other professional advice.