NFIB’s Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work ®
In a Small Business Environment
April 23, 2015
NFIB’s Young Entrepreneur Foundation has collaborated with the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work® program, because of its unique opportunity to bring entrepreneurship education to young people around the country. By providing FREE curriculum, targeted at introducing young people to the idea of entrepreneurship, in a one-day format, current small business owners can encourage the next generation of small business owners.
Why is NFIB participating in Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work® Day?
- To introduce the idea of entrepreneurship and small business ownership as a valid career opportunity.
- To give girls and boys an educational experience outside of school.
- To teach girls and boys the value of entrepreneurial education.
- To demonstrate small business’ commitment to their employees and their communities.
Designed to be more than a career day, the Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work® program goes beyond the average “shadow” an adult program. It exposes girls and boys to what a parent, grandparent or mentor in their lives does during the work day and helps them move toward their career goals in a hands-on and interactive environment. Check out the FREE curriculum, and create a day to Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work® at your small business.
NFIB’s Young Entrepreneur Foundation has created activities aimed at students between 12-16 years old, to utilize the environment of a small business, instead of a classroom. The lesson plans can be used to fill a full day of entrepreneurial education or you can use specific activities dedicated to the amount of time you have.
(You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the curriculum documents. You may need to disable your pop-up blocker to download the curriculum PDFs.)
- Small Business Scavenger Hunt
- What Makes an Entrepreneur? Lesson Plan
- Setting Goals Lesson Plan
- Budgeting Lesson Plan
- Marketing Lesson Plan
- Interviews of Small Business Professionals Lesson Plan
- Small Business Word Find
- Small Business Crossword
For additional Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work® curriculum,
visit the website at www.daughtersandsonstowork.org.
Questions? E-mail us at yef@NFIB.org.