Find what you need to start, set up and run a home-based business. Find technology tools, leverage opportunity and balance your time.
Articles & Resources
Borrowing can help fuel growth, but these errors can damage your chances for success.
What does Ashton Kutcher know that could help your small business?
Some say borrowing money can be a good thing; others say avoid it at all costs. Here, two experts weigh in.
Revenue is up, but there’s still room for improvement.
- Could Your Business Benefit from a VOLT Fund Loan?Up to $500,000 loans available to small businesses.
- NJ BAC provides four big resources for New Jersey’s small businessesSmall business resources offered at no cost
- Florida Leaders Fund Scholarships for Young EntrepreneursScholarships for Florida students were fully funded this year by donations from two NFIB/Florida Leadership Council members.
- Support the Next Generation of Texas Small Business OwnersTomorrow's small business owners need support today. You can help by donating to the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards.
- Small Business Options for Raising CapitalThe series is for existing small businesses and entrepreneurs who want to know more about raising capital and/or starting their own business.
- Florida Small Business Lending Lagged in 2015Fewer than half of Florida banks offered no small business loans in 2015.
- Minnesotans Are Keeping Their Finances in CheckWhile the state's loan acceptance rates are high, owners should beware: Some months are better than others for loans.
- Crowdfunding Series: What Virginia Small Business Owners Need to KnowVirginia's crowdfunding bill went into effect in July. Here's more detail on crowdfunding and how it can help small business owners.
- What North Carolina Small Businesses Need to Know About Equity Crowdfunding: Part IIEquity crowdfunding could be more beneficial for small business owners than more traditional online platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
- Everything North Carolina Small Businesses Need To Know About Crowdfunding: Part IHow crowdfunding can help small businesses.
- What Senate Bill 243 Means for Alabama BusinessesA bill that makes life a little easier for business owners passed in the Alabama Legislature.
- Crowdfunding Bill Advances in LegislatureThe measure would make it easier for small businesses to find investors online.
- Boston Welcomes TechBreakfast’s Venture Capital Networking EventHave breakfast with some of Boston’s most active venture capitalists.
- Missouri Aims to Lower Business Filing FeesSmall businesses that need services with the Secretary of State may soon see their filing fees reduced as the result of a new House bill.
- Small Business Crowdfunding Goes to Governor for ApprovalA bill approved by the Virginia General Assembly would exempt businesses from federal regulations to crowdfund as a means to raise capital.
- Baltimore Mayor Focuses on Small Business in State of City SpeechRawlings-Blake earmarks $1 million for small business innovation.
- Could crowdfunding help Michigan’s small businesses?Michigan is the first state to enact a law that creates a secondary intrastate investment market, allowing state-based startups and businesses to crowdfund capital in exchange for a slice of the company's securities
- 6 Lessons a Small Business Can Learn from Uber’s Triumphs—and FailuresThis San Francisco-based car service startup has done a lot of things right. It has also made some big mistakes.
- Miami Business Owner Reveals His Biggest Business MistakeHere’s how three small business owners turned things around after big mistakes.
- Ernst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise TaxesErnst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise Taxes