Find what you need to start, set up and run a home-based business. Find technology tools, leverage opportunity and balance your time.
Articles & Resources
The fast-growing car service startup has done a lot of things right. It has also made some big mistakes.
Find your market and create a scalable business model before raising capital—these lessons helped this small business owner b...
Here’s how three small business owners turned things around after big mistakes.
You’ve heard of Kickstarter, but a smaller, more targeted site might be a better fit for your small business.
- Ernst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise TaxesErnst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise Taxes
- SEC Has Yet to Release Final Crowdfunding RulesConcerns about investor protections remain
- Web Service Links Investors, Start-UpsService Is Free For Start-Ups
- Expense Side ConcernsWhile the Senate Finance Committee approved a plan to create a new "statewide transportation infrastructure fund" and eliminate the controversial toll on the new Sakonnet bridge between Portsmouth and Tiverton, the General Assembly faced new expenses as well.
- New Report Shows Pace Of Startups In Long-Term DeclineTrend Found Around The Nation
- Rhode Island Economy: Downward RevisionAlthough it did not seem possible, the state of the Rhode Island economy and the state's budget took a turn for the worse recently.
- Small Businesses Changed Hands Last Year At Fastest Rate Since RecessionBoom Driven By Improving Economy
- NFIB Responds to President's Small Business Lending Initiatives
Applying for SBA Loans: Let Their Experts Guide You Through the Process
Join us Thursday, July 30th for this exclusive online event for NFIB members. Interact with SBA experts as they guide you through the process of finding the right financing option for you. Explore how your small business can benefit directly from these new financing programs.
Red Flags Rules Effective August 1, 2009
Elizabeth Milito, senior executive counsel, National Federation of Independent Business Small Business Legal Center, wrote the following that may be used as an op-ed for your news organization or may be cited in articles about small business and employment law:
To schedule an interview with Elizabeth Milito, contact Melissa Sharp at 202-314-2068 or Melissa Sharp