Find what you need to start, set up and run a home-based business. Find technology tools, leverage opportunity and balance your time.
Articles & Resources
You may be offering too much stick and not enough carrot.
Tips from the pros
Here's how three small business owners determine their salaries.
An angel investor shares his list of do’s and don’ts during a pitch.
- What North Carolina Small Businesses Need to Know About Equity Crowdfunding: Part IIEquity crowdfunding could be more beneficial for small business owners than more traditional online platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
- Everything North Carolina Small Businesses Need To Know About Crowdfunding: Part IHow crowdfunding can help small businesses.
- What Senate Bill 243 Means for Alabama BusinessesA bill that makes life a little easier for business owners passed in the Alabama Legislature.
- Crowdfunding Bill Advances in LegislatureThe measure would make it easier for small businesses to find investors online.
- Missouri Aims to Lower Business Filing FeesSmall businesses that need services with the Secretary of State may soon see their filing fees reduced as the result of a new House bill.
- Boston Welcomes TechBreakfast's Venture Capital Networking EventHave breakfast with some of Boston’s most active venture capitalists.
- Small Business Crowdfunding Goes to Governor for ApprovalA bill approved by the Virginia General Assembly would exempt businesses from federal regulations to crowdfund as a means to raise capital.
- Baltimore Mayor Focuses on Small Business in State of City SpeechRawlings-Blake earmarks $1 million for small business innovation.
- Could crowdfunding help Michigan's small businesses?Michigan is the first state to enact a law that creates a secondary intrastate investment market, allowing state-based startups and businesses to crowdfund capital in exchange for a slice of the company's securities
- 6 Lessons a Small Business Can Learn from Uber’s Triumphs—and FailuresThis San Francisco-based car service startup has done a lot of things right. It has also made some big mistakes.
- Miami Business Owner Reveals His Biggest Business MistakeHere’s how three small business owners turned things around after big mistakes.
- Ernst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise TaxesErnst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise Taxes
- SEC Has Yet to Release Final Crowdfunding RulesConcerns about investor protections remain
- Web Service Links Investors, Start-UpsService Is Free For Start-Ups
- Expense Side ConcernsWhile the Senate Finance Committee approved a plan to create a new "statewide transportation infrastructure fund" and eliminate the controversial toll on the new Sakonnet bridge between Portsmouth and Tiverton, the General Assembly faced new expenses as well.
- New Report Shows Pace Of Startups In Long-Term DeclineTrend Found Around The Nation
- Rhode Island Economy: Downward RevisionAlthough it did not seem possible, the state of the Rhode Island economy and the state's budget took a turn for the worse recently.
- Small Businesses Changed Hands Last Year At Fastest Rate Since RecessionBoom Driven By Improving Economy
- NFIB Responds to President's Small Business Lending Initiatives
Applying for SBA Loans: Let Their Experts Guide You Through the Process
Join us Thursday, July 30th for this exclusive online event for NFIB members. Interact with SBA experts as they guide you through the process of finding the right financing option for you. Explore how your small business can benefit directly from these new financing programs.