Find what you need to start, set up and run a home-based business. Find technology tools, leverage opportunity and balance your time.
Articles & Resources
A popular restaurant’s federal indictment shows the potential dangers of dealing in cash.
Almost half of small biz owners don't even know they have a business credit score.
Registering with the Dun & Bradstreet business credit-reporting agency can make it easier to get a loan.
NFIB's guide to planning and saving on taxes in 2016.
- Florida Leaders Fund Scholarships for Young EntrepreneursScholarships for Florida students were fully funded this year by donations from two NFIB/Florida Leadership Council members.
- Support the Next Generation of Texas Small Business OwnersTomorrow's small business owners need support today. You can help by donating to the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards.
- Small Business Options for Raising CapitalThe series is for existing small businesses and entrepreneurs who want to know more about raising capital and/or starting their own business.
- Florida Small Business Lending Lagged in 2015Fewer than half of Florida banks offered no small business loans in 2015.
- Minnesotans Are Keeping Their Finances in CheckWhile the state's loan acceptance rates are high, owners should beware: Some months are better than others for loans.
- Crowdfunding Series: What Virginia Small Business Owners Need to KnowVirginia's crowdfunding bill went into effect in July. Here's more detail on crowdfunding and how it can help small business owners.
- What North Carolina Small Businesses Need to Know About Equity Crowdfunding: Part IIEquity crowdfunding could be more beneficial for small business owners than more traditional online platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
- Everything North Carolina Small Businesses Need To Know About Crowdfunding: Part IHow crowdfunding can help small businesses.
- What Senate Bill 243 Means for Alabama BusinessesA bill that makes life a little easier for business owners passed in the Alabama Legislature.
- Crowdfunding Bill Advances in LegislatureThe measure would make it easier for small businesses to find investors online.
- Missouri Aims to Lower Business Filing FeesSmall businesses that need services with the Secretary of State may soon see their filing fees reduced as the result of a new House bill.
- Boston Welcomes TechBreakfast’s Venture Capital Networking EventHave breakfast with some of Boston’s most active venture capitalists.
- Small Business Crowdfunding Goes to Governor for ApprovalA bill approved by the Virginia General Assembly would exempt businesses from federal regulations to crowdfund as a means to raise capital.
- Baltimore Mayor Focuses on Small Business in State of City SpeechRawlings-Blake earmarks $1 million for small business innovation.
- Could crowdfunding help Michigan’s small businesses?Michigan is the first state to enact a law that creates a secondary intrastate investment market, allowing state-based startups and businesses to crowdfund capital in exchange for a slice of the company's securities
- 6 Lessons a Small Business Can Learn from Uber’s Triumphs—and FailuresThis San Francisco-based car service startup has done a lot of things right. It has also made some big mistakes.
- Miami Business Owner Reveals His Biggest Business MistakeHere’s how three small business owners turned things around after big mistakes.
- Ernst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise TaxesErnst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise Taxes
- SEC Has Yet to Release Final Crowdfunding RulesConcerns about investor protections remain
- Web Service Links Investors, Start-UpsService Is Free For Start-Ups