Find what you need to start, set up and run a home-based business. Find technology tools, leverage opportunity and balance your time.
Articles & Resources
NFIB's guide to planning and saving on taxes in 2016.
Finance experts share what small business owners should do now to get ready for the New Year.
Why combining business and personal finances could spell trouble.
You’re always looking for ways to make your business more efficient. But don’t overlook the things you can do right in your...
- Florida Small Business Lending Lagged in 2015Fewer than half of Florida banks offered no small business loans in 2015.
- Minnesotans Are Keeping Their Finances in CheckWhile the state's loan acceptance rates are high, owners should beware: Some months are better than others for loans.
- Crowdfunding Series: What Virginia Small Business Owners Need to KnowVirginia's crowdfunding bill went into effect in July. Here's more detail on crowdfunding and how it can help small business owners.
- What North Carolina Small Businesses Need to Know About Equity Crowdfunding: Part IIEquity crowdfunding could be more beneficial for small business owners than more traditional online platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
- Everything North Carolina Small Businesses Need To Know About Crowdfunding: Part IHow crowdfunding can help small businesses.
- What Senate Bill 243 Means for Alabama BusinessesA bill that makes life a little easier for business owners passed in the Alabama Legislature.
- Crowdfunding Bill Advances in LegislatureThe measure would make it easier for small businesses to find investors online.
- Missouri Aims to Lower Business Filing FeesSmall businesses that need services with the Secretary of State may soon see their filing fees reduced as the result of a new House bill.
- Boston Welcomes TechBreakfast’s Venture Capital Networking EventHave breakfast with some of Boston’s most active venture capitalists.
- Small Business Crowdfunding Goes to Governor for ApprovalA bill approved by the Virginia General Assembly would exempt businesses from federal regulations to crowdfund as a means to raise capital.
- Baltimore Mayor Focuses on Small Business in State of City SpeechRawlings-Blake earmarks $1 million for small business innovation.
- Could crowdfunding help Michigan’s small businesses?Michigan is the first state to enact a law that creates a secondary intrastate investment market, allowing state-based startups and businesses to crowdfund capital in exchange for a slice of the company's securities
- 6 Lessons a Small Business Can Learn from Uber’s Triumphs—and FailuresThis San Francisco-based car service startup has done a lot of things right. It has also made some big mistakes.
- Miami Business Owner Reveals His Biggest Business MistakeHere’s how three small business owners turned things around after big mistakes.
- Ernst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise TaxesErnst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise Taxes
- SEC Has Yet to Release Final Crowdfunding RulesConcerns about investor protections remain
- Web Service Links Investors, Start-UpsService Is Free For Start-Ups
- Expense Side ConcernsWhile the Senate Finance Committee approved a plan to create a new "statewide transportation infrastructure fund" and eliminate the controversial toll on the new Sakonnet bridge between Portsmouth and Tiverton, the General Assembly faced new expenses as well.
- New Report Shows Pace Of Startups In Long-Term DeclineTrend Found Around The Nation
- Rhode Island Economy: Downward RevisionAlthough it did not seem possible, the state of the Rhode Island economy and the state's budget took a turn for the worse recently.