Find what you need to start, set up and run a home-based business. Find technology tools, leverage opportunity and balance your time.
Articles & Resources
Are you an ambitious entrepreneur with a fast-growing business? That’s great—but watch out for these red flags.
With 2014 almost halfway over, it’s time to start thinking about taxes—if you want to save money.
One of the best cities for small business, Orlando, Florida, offers so much more than big tourist traps.
Sin City isn’t all about big casinos. Small business lives here, too.
Related Legal Resources
- FTC Red Flags Rule UpdateMarch 16, 2011The Red Flags Rule requires every business that extends credit to customers or uses credit reports to implement a written program to detect, prevent and mitigate identity theft. See what your business must do to comply.
- Red Flags Rules Delayed Until Dec. 31April 22, 2009
The FTC's oft-delayed Red Flags Rule has been delayed again, this time until Dec. 31, 2010.
- SEC Has Yet to Release Final Crowdfunding RulesMay 23, 2014Concerns about investor protections remain
- Web Service Links Investors, Start-UpsMay 23, 2014Service Is Free For Start-Ups
- Expense Side ConcernsMay 14, 2014While the Senate Finance Committee approved a plan to create a new "statewide transportation infrastructure fund" and eliminate the controversial toll on the new Sakonnet bridge between Portsmouth and Tiverton, the General Assembly faced new expenses as well.
- New Report Shows Pace Of Startups In Long-Term DeclineMay 08, 2014Trend Found Around The Nation
- Rhode Island Economy: Downward RevisionMarch 05, 2014Although it did not seem possible, the state of the Rhode Island economy and the state's budget took a turn for the worse recently.
- Small Businesses Changed Hands Last Year At Fastest Rate Since RecessionJanuary 15, 2014Boom Driven By Improving Economy
- NFIB Responds to President's Small Business Lending Initiatives October 21, 2009
- Applying for SBA Loans: Let Their Experts Guide You Through the ProcessJuly 23, 2009
Join us Thursday, July 30th for this exclusive online event for NFIB members. Interact with SBA experts as they guide you through the process of finding the right financing option for you. Explore how your small business can benefit directly from these new financing programs.
- Red Flags Rules Effective August 1, 2009April 24, 2009
Elizabeth Milito, senior executive counsel, National Federation of Independent Business Small Business Legal Center, wrote the following that may be used as an op-ed for your news organization or may be cited in articles about small business and employment law:
To schedule an interview with Elizabeth Milito, contact Melissa Sharp at 202-314-2068 or Melissa Sharp