Find what you need to start, set up and run a home-based business. Find technology tools, leverage opportunity and balance your time.
Articles & Resources
Here’s how three small business owners determine their salaries.
An angel investor shares his list of do’s and don’ts during a pitch.
Three small business owners discuss how they balance losing money with possibly losing a customer.
Lessons learned on launching a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- Small Business Crowdfunding Goes to Governor for ApprovalA bill approved by the Virginia General Assembly would exempt businesses from federal regulations to crowdfund as a means to raise capital.
- Baltimore Mayor Focuses on Small Business in State of City SpeechRawlings-Blake earmarks $1 million for small business innovation.
- Could crowdfunding help Michigan's small businesses?Michigan is the first state to enact a law that creates a secondary intrastate investment market, allowing state-based startups and businesses to crowdfund capital in exchange for a slice of the company's securities
- Ernst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise TaxesErnst Can’t Imagine A Scenario When She Would Raise Taxes
- SEC Has Yet to Release Final Crowdfunding RulesConcerns about investor protections remain
- Web Service Links Investors, Start-UpsService Is Free For Start-Ups
- Expense Side ConcernsWhile the Senate Finance Committee approved a plan to create a new "statewide transportation infrastructure fund" and eliminate the controversial toll on the new Sakonnet bridge between Portsmouth and Tiverton, the General Assembly faced new expenses as well.
- New Report Shows Pace Of Startups In Long-Term DeclineTrend Found Around The Nation
- Rhode Island Economy: Downward RevisionAlthough it did not seem possible, the state of the Rhode Island economy and the state's budget took a turn for the worse recently.
- Small Businesses Changed Hands Last Year At Fastest Rate Since RecessionBoom Driven By Improving Economy
- NFIB Responds to President's Small Business Lending Initiatives
Applying for SBA Loans: Let Their Experts Guide You Through the Process
Join us Thursday, July 30th for this exclusive online event for NFIB members. Interact with SBA experts as they guide you through the process of finding the right financing option for you. Explore how your small business can benefit directly from these new financing programs.
Red Flags Rules Effective August 1, 2009
Elizabeth Milito, senior executive counsel, National Federation of Independent Business Small Business Legal Center, wrote the following that may be used as an op-ed for your news organization or may be cited in articles about small business and employment law:
To schedule an interview with Elizabeth Milito, contact Melissa Sharp at 202-314-2068 or Melissa Sharp