Have they earned your vote?
In keeping with our promise to help our members make informed decisions at the polls, NFIB presents this special pre-election voting guide of How Congress Voted. This election-year report cuts through the rhetoric of campaigns and looks at the hard facts: how your U.S. senators and representatives voted on small business issues during the 113th Congress. (Note: This report represents NFIB Key Votes taken prior to August 1, 2014. NFIB will issue a final report at the end of the 113th Congress.)
Lawmakers who vote with small business on key issues 70 percent or more of the time during the 113th Congress earn NFIB’s Guardian of Small Business Award. Just as important, this report also highlights lawmakers who not only didn’t earn a Guardian Award, but who actually voted against small business issues a majority of the time.
This special NFIB member report should come as no surprise to lawmakers. NFIB asks lawmakers to support the consensus views of our members. We also remind them that their votes are being monitored and will be reported back to NFIB members.
Now It’s Up to You – the Small Business Owner
Many of the lawmakers listed in our report are asking to be sent back to Washington for the next Congress. Before you go to the polls, decide if they have earned the chance.
U.S. House Key Votes
1. Preventing Greater Uncertainty in Labor-Management Relations Act (H.R. 1120)
2. Working Families Flexibility Act (H.R. 1406)
3. Northern Route Approval Act (H.R. 3)
4. Offshore Energy and Jobs Act (H.R. 2231)
5. Fairness for American Families Act (H.R. 2668)
6. Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act of 2013 (H.R. 2655)
7. Protecting States’ Rights to Promote American Energy Security Act (H.R. 2728)
8. All Economic Regulations are Transparent Act (H.R. 2804)
9. Save American Workers Act of 2014 (H.R. 2575)
10. America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2014 (H.R. 4457)
U.S. Senate Key Votes
1. Comprehensive Tax Reform Amendment (S.Amdt. 156)
2. Prevention of Taxing Carbon Emissions Amendment (S.Amdt. 261)
3. Keystone XL Pipeline Amendment (S.Amdt. 494)
4. Repeal the Estate Tax Amendment (S.Amdt. 307)
5. Minimum Wage Increase (S. 2223)
Want More Information Like This? Get Started with Your NFIB Membership: