How Did Lawmakers Treat Small Business?
In keeping with our promise to monitor key small business votes your lawmakers cast, NFIB presents this special interim report of the 113th Congress. This report tells you how your U.S. Senators and Representatives voted on small business issues during the first year of the 113th Congress. A final report will be released after the completion of the 113th Congress.
The interim report not only shows how lawmakers voted during the first session of the 113th Congress, but also shows how lawmakers voted during the previous 112th Congress (in the blue column). At the end of the 113th Congress, lawmakers who have voted with small business on key issues 70% or more of the time will earn NFIB’s Guardian of Small Business Award.
This special NFIB member report should come as no surprise to lawmakers. NFIB asks lawmakers to support the consensus views of our members. We also remind them that their votes are being monitored and will be reported back to NFIB members.
U.S. House Key Votes
1. Preventing Greater Uncertainty in Labor-Management Relations Act (H.R. 1120)
2. Working Families Flexibility Act (H.R. 1406)
3. Northern Route Approval Act (H.R. 3)
4. Offshore Energy and Jobs Act (H.R. 2231)
5. Fairness for American Families Act (H.R. 2668)
6. Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act of 2013 (H.R. 2655)
7. Protecting States’ Rights to Promote American Energy Security Act (H.R. 2728)
U.S. Senate Key Votes
1. Comprehensive Tax Reform Amendment (S.Amdt.156)
2. Prevention of Taxing Carbon Emissions Amendment (S.Amdt.261)
3. Keystone XL Pipeline Amendment (S.Amdt.494)
4. Repeal the Estate Tax Amendment (S.Amdt.307)