Have they earned your vote?
In keeping with our promise to monitor key small business votes your lawmakers cast, NFIB presents this special wrap-up report of the 113th Congress. Following a year of elections, this report cuts through the rhetoric of campaigns and looks at the hard facts: how your U.S. senators and representatives voted on small business issues during the 113th Congress. Lawmakers who voted with small business on key issues 70 percent or more of the time during the 113th Congress earned NFIB’s Guardian of Small Business Award. Just as important, this report highlights lawmakers who not only didn’t earn a Guardian Award, but who actually voted against small business issues a majority of the time.
This special NFIB member report should come as no surprise to lawmakers. NFIB asks lawmakers to support the consensus views of our members. We also remind them that their votes are being monitored and will be reported back to NFIB members.
Now It’s Up to You – the Small Business Owner
Many of the lawmakers listed here have been sent back to Washington, D.C. for the next Congress. NFIB makes it easy for you to continue monitoring them to see how they treat small business in the coming months.
U.S. House Key Votes
1. Preventing Greater Uncertainty in Labor-Management Relations Act (H.R. 1120)
2. Working Families Flexibility Act (H.R. 1406)
3. Northern Route Approval Act (H.R. 3)
4. Offshore Energy and Jobs Act (H.R. 2231)
5. Fairness for American Families Act (H.R. 2668)
6. Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act of 2013 (H.R. 2655)
7. Protecting States’ Rights to Promote American Energy Security Act (H.R. 2728)
8. All Economic Regulations are Transparent Act (H.R. 2804)
9. Save American Workers Act of 2014 (H.R. 2575)
10. America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2014 (H.R. 4457)
U.S. Senate Key Votes
1. Comprehensive Tax Reform Amendment (S.Amdt. 156)
2. Prevention of Taxing Carbon Emissions Amendment (S.Amdt. 261)
3. Keystone XL Pipeline Amendment (S.Amdt. 494)
4. Repeal the Estate Tax Amendment (S.Amdt. 307)
5. Minimum Wage Increase (S. 2223)
Want More Information Like This? Get Started with Your NFIB Membership:
Since you're on a mobile device, want to get your membership over the phone?Call NFIB at 844-278-7748
Monday – Thursday: 8:30am to 5:30pm ET
Friday: 8am to 4pm ET