Consider broadening your sphere of influence with a term on the NFIB State Leadership Council
How about joining NFIB Nevada’s Leadership Council? Examples of the things leadership council members do are:
- testify at legislative hearings involving small-business issues
- host lawmakers for a tour of your business operations
- be a quotable contact for the media
- assist in implementing the political strategy for elections, including recruitment, endorsements, fundraising, and other grassroots efforts
- help shape questions for the state ballot, the results from which are considered by lawmakers, state constitutional officers, and the bureaucracy to be the true voice of small business.
There are up to four leadership council meetings held a year, including one on Small Business Day in Carson City. Members are encouraged to attend two of the meetings.
Nothing commands the attention of politicians better than hearing directly from a small-business owner. Serving on the NFIB Nevada Leadership Council opens the doors of legislative offices—in fact, it can also open the doors to elective office.
For more information about this and other opportunities to be more involved in setting the small-business agenda, please e-mail NFIB Grassroots Manager Taylor Criddle at [email protected]