On Tuesday, April 7, Lieutenant Governor Jon Husted announced the state of Ohio had created the Office of Small Business Relief (OSBR). On their website, https://www.businesshelp.ohio.gov/, it states the OSBR is focused on identifying and providing direct support to the state’s nearly 950,000 small businesses to help during the current public health crisis and to position them for a strong rebound.
The Office will initially focus on these three key areas:
- It will serve as the state’s designated agency for administrating federal recovery funds awarded to Ohio for small business support and recovery.
- It will work with federal, state, and local partners to evaluate and determine possible regulatory reforms that encourage employment and job creation.
- It will coordinate efforts of the Ohio Small Business Development Centers and Minority Business Assistance Centers at local levels.
New services and support identified by the Office of Small Business Relief will be added to the site.
The site includes resources for Economic Support
- Small Business Considerations During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Business & Nonprofit Support
- Layoff Alternatives
- Banking Updates
There is also a Questions and Answers section:
- How do I apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program?
- I had to stop in the middle of my EIDL application. Will my information save?
- Where can I find more information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak?
- Does my business qualify as essential?
- Where can I find more information on the Federal Economic Stimulus Package?
- Where can I find more information on the unemployment compensation system?
- I have already submitted the “Estimated Disaster Economic Injury Worksheet.” Do I still need to submit an application on the U.S. Small Business Administration site?
- Are there any other resources available to my business and/or employees?
- How do I determine which federal financing program is best for me?
If you have additional questions, e-mail [email protected]. To be connected to the Small Business Administration or your local Manufacturing Extension Partnership organization, Procurement and Technical Assistance Center, Minority Business Assistance Center or Small Business Development Center, please call 1-833-BIZ-OHIO (1-833-249-6446).