This month we would like to recognize and profile, Todd Hamilton, of Double H Tire in Mineral Wells, Texas. We would also like to wish Double H Tire a Happy 30th Year in Business Anniversary and thank them for being 30 year NFIB/Texas members.
1. Tell us a little bit about your business.
We are a multi-brand tire dealer here in Mineral Wells, Texas. Our town is located about 45 miles west of Fort Worth. We are proud to be a “T3 Dealer” with TCI (Michelin and Hankook) and an “Advantage” with Friend Tire (Yokohama).
2. When did you start your small business?
My father and I started this company June 1, 1987 as partners.
3. How did you become a small business owner?
My father “Leroy” and I worked for another retail tire store and didn’t agree with the tactics used by that company. So first I left in early 1987 and 2 weeks later my father left, 5 months later we opened “Double H Tire.”
4. Why did you become an NFIB member?
With all the big corporate chains out there we felt it was important to align ourselves with an organization that would help speak for small business as a group.
5. In what ways has NFIB helped your small business?
NFIB goes to bat for the independents and as a group we have more power.
6. What has made you continue to renew your membership in NFIB for 30 years?
I feel it is still important to be aligned with a group and NFIB has been that group for me.
7. What advice would you give new NFIB members to make the most of their membership?
Read the emails and newsletters your receive and voice your opinion.
8. What’s the biggest challenge that faces Texas small business owners like you?
In this day and age, it is property taxes and commercial rates are skyrocketing.
9. How are you tackling that challenge in your own business?
I challenge the numbers with our county and voice my opinions with them and lawmakers.