Iowa Picks up 2 NFIB Endorsed U.S. House Seats, 6 in Iowa House
It was a big night in Iowa and NFIB had a major role in ensuring Iowa remained a business friendly legislature, sending three new NFIB endorsed representatives to D.C. and Senator Ernst back to the U.S. Senate for 6 more years.
Here’s a recap of the night:
- Republican Joni Ernst had a resounding win last night with 51.8% of the vote (about a 6.5% margin over Greenfield)
- Republican State Rep. Ashley Hinson won House District 1 with 51.3% of the vote, beating incumbent Democrat Abby Finkenauer (2.5% margin)
- Republican State Senator Mariannette Miller-Meeks won House District 2 with 50% of the vote, beating Democrat Challenger Rita Hart (statistical tie). This will probably be recounted with only 282 votes separating the two.
- Democrat Incumbent Cindy Axne won House District 3 with 49% of the Vote over Republican Challenger David Young, who was endorsed by NFIB. (1.5% margin)
- Republican State Senator Randy Feenstra won House District 4 with 62.1% of the vote over Democrat Challenger JD Scholten (24% margin)
- The State Senate will remain 32-18 with a Republican majority
- The Iowa State House Republicans gained 6 seats to their majority and will now sit at 59-41