NFIB on Monday joined other business groups in announcing a new task force: RESET, or Restore Economic Strength through Employment and Tourism.
Bill Herrle, NFIB’s state executive director, will co-chair the task force with Brewster Bevis, senior vice president of Associated Industries of Florida, and Scott Shalley, president and CEO of the Florida Retail Federation.
Herrle said the task force will bring together representatives from different sectors to discuss ways to safely restart Florida’s economy and to serve as a resource for legislators and state officials.
In addition to focusing on ways that Florida can restart its economy, the task force will provide recommendations and suggestions for resiliency for the impacted industries in the event of another pandemic or event that shutters the economy, similar to COVID-19.
Here is a full listing of task force members:
- Airlines for America
- American Property & Casualty Insurance Assn.
- Asphalt Contractors Association of Florida
- Associated Builders & Contractors of Florida
- Associated Industries of Florida
- Consumer Energy Alliance
- Florida Association of Counties
- Florida Association of Health Plans
- Florida Bankers Association
- Florida Beverage Association
- Florida Carpenters Regional Council
- Florida Council of 100
- Florida Farm Bureau
- Florida Health Care Association
- Florida Home Builders Association
- Florida Hospital Association
- Florida Insurance Council
- Florida Internet & Television
- Florida League of Cities
- Florida Nursery, Growers & Landscape Assn.
- Florida Nonprofit Alliance
- Florida Petroleum Council
- Florida Ports Council
- Florida Realtors
- Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association
- Florida Retail Federation
- Florida Transportation Builders Association
- Florida Trucking Association
- Independent Colleges & Universities of Florida
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Federation of Independent Business