Small Business Resources
- 3 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Starting a Business
- The Case for Social Media – And How to Make It Simple
- 3 C’s for Running a Sustainable Small Business
- Absent Merchant Guide to Greater Fraud Control: Protect Your Business and Your Customers with Visa’s Layers of Security
- Reducing Counterfeit Fraud Through Acceptance Best Practices
Credit Tips You Need to Know
- Are You Getting the Best Possible Pricing on Credit/Debit Card Processing?
- Credit Card Fraud: 5 Steps to Protect Your Business
- Accepting Credit Card Payments Via Your Company’s Mobile Phone
- Guarding Against Fraudulent Credit Card Purchases
- Credit Card Rewards: Deal or No Deal?
- How to Fix Your Small Business Credit Score
Secure Commerce: Data Security Essentials Every Small Business Should Know
As part of National Cyber Security Awareness month, Visa hosted a webinar on small merchant data security to help arm merchants with the knowledge they need to better protect themselves from online and other threats. In this webinar, we covered data compromise trends and simple strategies small businesses can employ to help protect their data. Just like insurance, financing and a well-trained staff, data security is essential to helping your business grow and succeed.
Missed the webinar? You can still learn the key takeaways by downloading the slides from the presentation.
5 Steps to PCI Compliance for Your Small Business
- What is PCI Compliance?
- How does PCI Compliance affect your business?
- How can your business become compliant?
- What is your merchant type?
- The Five Steps to Master PCI Compliance.
Payment Processing 101 for Your Small Business
- Overview of the Interchange pricing system.
- How to get the best rates for payment processing.
- New technologies and alternate payment options that save money.
- Top Ten Questions Any Merchant Should Ask.
How to Read Your Merchant Statements
- The types of rates and fees charged by payment processors.
- How processors assign rates for individual transactions.
- Red flags, and how to avoid getting “locked in” to a bad deal.
- Why rewards cards cost merchants extra, and how merchants can minimize the cost of rewards cards.