Discussing the issues that matter most to small-business owners
The ins-and-outs of federal Paycheck Protection Program loans, the perils of extending the state’s sales tax to services, the battle to stop the rollback of Proposition 13 property tax protections, and what California’s ballot propositions mean to small business were the topics of NFIB California’s first four podcasts.
Thanks to generous initial support from the California Tax and Budget Research Project, NFIB is taking the small-business message to the growing medium of podcasts. Each podcast runs for around 30 minutes and features experts in their field discussing the latest developments with NFIB California State Director John Kabateck.
More podcasts are being planned and all of them will be collected in this web story for easy access and retrieval. They are also available on your favorite podcast app, such as Apple podcast, Google podcast, Spotify, and iHeart, by searching for ‘NFIB California.’
Check out the ones below by clicking on the title that will provide more information about the subject and a link to the podcast itself.
- December 1—Top Political Consultant Gives His Analysis of the Election and What’s Ahead. A conversation with Tom Ross, co-founder of Meridian Pacific, which helped engineer the defeat of Proposition 15.
- November 12—Two New Labor Laws Taking Effect January 1 with special guest attorney Ben Ebbink, an employment and labor law expert.
- October 23—Preparing for Battle on Extending the Sales Tax to Services with special guest Anthony Pugliese, president and CEO of the California Society of CPAs
- October 18—Veteran Political Observer Shares Her Insights on the November Ballot Propositions with special guest Marva Diaz, an editor of the nonpartisan Target Book
- September 28—NFIB Podcast Takes Aim at Proposition 15 with special guest Rex Hime, president of the California Business Properties Association
- September 23—NFIB California Launches Podcast Series, a discussion about PPP loans with special guest James Beckwith, president and CEO of Five Star Bank