Discussing the issues that matter most to small-business owners
Thanks to generous support from Five Star Bank and the California Tax and Budget Research Project, NFIB is taking the small-business message to the growing medium of podcasts. Each podcast runs for around 30 minutes and features experts in their field discussing the latest developments with NFIB California State Director John Kabateck and NFIB California’s chief legislative advocate, Kevin Pedrotti.
More podcasts are being planned and all of them will be collected in this web story for easy access and retrieval. They are also available on your favorite podcast app, such as Apple podcast, Google podcast, Spotify, and iHeart, by searching for ‘NFIB California.’
Check out the ones below by clicking on the title that will provide more information about the subject and a link to the podcast itself.
- April 8—NFIB California Podcast: Lower Gas Prices and a Greener Future are Not Mutually Exclusive Energy expert Catherine Reheis-Boyd on what California does to hurt itself and what it needs to do if it wants to deliver on its climate goals
- February 18—NFIB California Podcast: Small Business at the Center of Legal Cases, Agency Battles. Karen Harned, executive director of NFIB’s Small Business Legal Center, said it’s considered a big influencer at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- February 16—NFIB California Podcast: What You Need to Know About the new COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Law. Labor and employment expert Ben Ebbink discusses some of the details employers should be aware of.
- January 26—NFIB California Podcast: Assembly Member Jordan Cunningham Explains Why Single-Payer Health Care is the Wrong Prescription. Assembly Bill 1400 is unneeded, unaffordable, and unworkable.
- December 20—NFIB California Podcast: Small Business Legal, Research Leaders Look Back at Pandemic, Ahead to 2022. Elizabeth Milito of the NFIB Legal Center and Holly Wade of the NFIB Research Center discuss a very challenging time.
- December 14—NFIB California Podcast: How One Small-Business Owner is Surviving the Pandemic. Darrell Feil of Bakersfield-based Abate-A-Weed talks about adaptability and teamwork.
- November 19—NFIB California Podcast: Dealing with Supply Chain Disruptions. Paul Cramer, vice president of Star Milling, talks about how his family-owned business is coping with the problem.
- November 1—NFIB California Podcast: Tips for Small Business Lease Negotiations. Interview with special guest Ken Noack, senior managing director for Newmark Commercial Real Estate, and one of the state’s most respected land and retail specialists.
- October 19—NFIB California Podcast–New Laws for 2022 Small Business Owners Need to Know. Guest Ben Ebbink, a labor and employment expert, highlights eight laws of importance affecting Main Street.
- August 23—NFIB California Podcast with James Beckwith of Five Star Bank. President and CEO looks back at the PPP loan process and ahead to the new ways of doing business.
- July 20—NFIB California Podcast with Assembly Member Suzette Valladares. “There are issues crushing the middle-class, so I ought to do something about it.”
- May 25—NFIB California Podcast with Tara Lynn Gray. The new director for the California Office of Small Business Advocate discusses the resources available to small-business owners and takes a post-pandemic look ahead.
- April 29, 2021—Assembly Member James Ramos Discusses his Small-Business Past. One of the California Legislature’s most experienced lawmakers on Main Street issues is the special guest of an NFIB California podcast.
- April 15, 2021—Governor’s Top Business Aide on NFIB California Podcast. Dee Dee Myers gives small-business owners the latest information on re-opening, vaccinations, grant money, and whether there will be tax increases.
- December 1—Top Political Consultant Gives His Analysis of the Election and What’s Ahead. A conversation with Tom Ross, co-founder of Meridian Pacific, which helped engineer the defeat of Proposition 15.
- November 12—Two New Labor Laws Taking Effect January 1 with special guest attorney Ben Ebbink, an employment and labor law expert.
- October 23—Preparing for Battle on Extending the Sales Tax to Services with special guest Anthony Pugliese, president and CEO of the California Society of CPAs.
- October 18—Veteran Political Observer Shares Her Insights on the November Ballot Propositions with special guest Marva Diaz, an editor of the nonpartisan Target Book.
- September 28—NFIB Podcast Takes Aim at Proposition 15 with special guest Rex Hime, president of the California Business Properties Association.
- September 23—NFIB California Launches Podcast Series, a discussion about PPP loans with special guest James Beckwith, president and CEO of Five Star Bank.
NFIB California thanks its latest sponsor of these podcasts: