Busting the Myths: What Small Businesses Need to Know about the FLSA
Are you falling prey to the biggest myths of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)? If so, your business could be in big, expensive trouble.
Watch the recording and you’ll learn the truth about these common FLSA myths:
- My business is so small, the FLSA does not apply to me.
- All my workers get 1099s so FLSA doesn’t apply.
- I outsource with a Professional Employee Organization (PEO).
- My employees are paid on salary so FLSA doens’t apply.
- My payroll company calculates the overtime pay, so I don’t have to worry.
- My sales staff is straight commission so I don’t have to pay overtime.
- I don’t have to pay overtime unless I authorize my employees to work the extra hours
- My employees get comp time when we’re slow so I don’t have to pay overtime.
- No employee works off-the-clock; I pay them for all the time they work.
- I pay my employees very well, and we’re like family–they’d never sue.
To download the slides: log into your existing account (registered user of NFIB member), or register now for free