Free NFIB Webinar:
Tax Filing Season Legislative Update:
What Small Businesses Need to Know
Previously Recorded: Wednesday, February 10th at 12pm ET
As the 2016 tax season gets underway, it is important to review some of the significant changes in federal tax law affecting your business that took place in 2015. While the majority of the year was plagued by gridlock, Congress was able to pass a significant tax relief bill that made many expiring tax deductions permanent and extended others for multiple years. However, Congress also made changes to business and employee filing dates and increased some tax penalties.
Join NFIB’s national office, for a discussion on how these significant tax law updates will impact your small business. We will cover the new deductions available to your business, new tax compliance deadlines and penalties, and look at your employer health care responsibilities.
During this presentation you will learn:
- New modifications to Sec. 179 small business expensing limits and qualifying property
- Updates on Expiring tax deductions that were extended or made permanent
- Changes to business filing dates, compliance deadlines and penalties
- 2016 Obligations under the Affordable Care Act Law
- Tax Outlook for Congress this year