1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING. The National Federation of Independent Business Daily Trivia Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open and offered only to all small business owners of businesses consisting of 500 employees or less, formally incorporated or organized under the laws of the 50 United States or District of Columbia. Business owners must also be at the age of majority in the state where business is incorporated or organized, and be a citizen of the United States in order to be eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Employees, retirees, and agents of National Federation of Independent Business (“NFIB”) (“Sponsor”) (including their families and persons living in their households) and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, and members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in where prohibited. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on June 1, 2013, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on July 15, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, there will be forty-five (45) separate daily entry periods, each beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. CT on that calendar day and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. CT the following calendar day (each, a “Daily Entry Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, there will also be two (2) separate Grand Prize drawing periods on the dates set forth in Section 3 below (each, a “Grand Prize Entry Period”). To enter, go to www.NFIB.com
, (“Website”) each Daily Entry Period and find the “Daily Trivia” question on the Website. Then, search and find the answer to the Daily Trivia question on the Website. Email the correct answer for each Daily Entry Period’s Daily Trivia question, along with your complete name, state, and email address and send to: [email protected]
Each email must include “Daily Trivia Answer” in the Subject line of the email. Each email must be received by Sponsor by 11:59:59 p.m. CT of each Daily Entry Period in order to be eligible for that Daily Entry Period’s random drawing. Each email received that includes the correct answer will receive one (1) entry into that Daily Entry Period’s random drawing and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Entry Period drawing. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAILY ENTRY PERIOD.
Administrator’s computer will be the official time clock for the Sweepstakes. Any attempt at Website or other alternative Internet entry is void. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using same or multiple/different email accounts or any other methods will void all of that person’s entries and that person may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Separate random daily drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries received for each Daily Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Period, on or about the business day following the Daily Entry Period. Two (2) Grand Prize random drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries received for each Grand Prize Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Period as follows: on or about June 17, 2013, and; on or about July 16, 2013. NON-WINNING ENTRIES FROM EACH DAILY ENTRY PERIOD AND EACH GRAND PRIZE ENTRY PERIOD WILL NOT BE CARRIED OVER TO SUBSEQUENT DAILY AND GRAND PRIZE DRAWINGS. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Limit one Daily Prize and one Grand Prize per person/household. Potential winners will be notified via email at the email address provided at time of entry. Potential winners must respond to email notification within three (3) business days or such prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: Two (2) Grand Prizes: Grand Prize Winner for June will be awarded an iPhone5®; Grand Prize Winner for July will be awarded $1,000.00 in Visa Gift Card(s). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for iPhone 5® is $500; Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Gift Card(s) is $1,000.00. Forty-five (45) Daily Prizes (Awarded to 1 winner from each Daily Entry Period): A $50.00 Visa Gift Card. ARV: $50.00 each. Total ARV of all prizes is $3,750.00. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prizes, or redeem prizes for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable. Gift cards are subject to terms contained on gift card. Prizes will not be fulfilled outside the 50 United States or D.C. Taxes on prizes are solely the winner’s responsibility. Odds of winning a Daily Prize are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received for each Daily Entry Period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. General Rules: Sponsor, Administrator and their respective agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, illegible, mutilated or misdirected entries, entries not received by the entry deadline, or for electronic, network or computer failures or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes, or other hardware, software or technical errors of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is so cancelled, judging will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In the event a dispute arises regarding specific individual entitled to receive prize, entry made by Internet will be declared made by the “authorized e-mail account holder” and any damage made to the Website will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized e-mail account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the entrant is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address associated with the account/submission. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all entries by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor or Administrator by telephone, email and/or postal mail. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entrants, by participating in this Sweepstakes, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death, and/or property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or their participation in this Sweepstakes, or any prize-related activity. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners agree that Sponsor, Administrator and their related and affiliated companies may use the winner’s name, business name, business address (city/state), photograph, videotape, likeness, and/or prize information for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to winner relating to Sponsor, Administrator and their related and affiliated companies or to this Sweepstakes and grants to Sponsor, Administrator and their related and affiliated companies any and all rights to said use without further notice and/or compensation except where prohibited by law.
6. Entrant Information/Privacy:
7. Arbitration/choice of law: Except where prohibited by law, participants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by entrant with regard to this Sweepstakes and shall exclude in all events attorneys’ or other related fees and punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District Of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the District Of Columbia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District Of Columbia. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. WINNERS LIST: The names of the Prize Winner(s) will be posted at https://www.nfib.com/buckhunting on or about August 1, 2013.
9. Official Rules: Official rules may be found by logging on to www.NFIB.org during the Sweepstakes Period.
10. SPONSOR: National Federation of Independent Business, Nashville, TN.