Small Business Saturday, November 25, is just three weeks away!
The holiday season is fast approaching and will be kicked off on Saturday, November 25, with what’s become known as Small Business Saturday. A day for celebrating the locally-owned shops and restaurants that keep our communities thriving, Small Business Saturday has taken on a life of its own, with shoppers spending nearly $18 billion last year.
We’re just three weeks away from Small Business Saturday. Here are some tips for retail and restaurant members to capitalize on this important day:
- Stay on top of your social media.Post early and often on your social media platforms to promote any Small Business Saturday deals. Use the hashtags #ShopSmall and #SmallBizSat so shoppers can find you easily.
- Showcase merchandise that would make a great gift.Photograph and market items that would make the perfect gift for mom or a family member. Restaurants can offer Small Business Saturday specials and gift cards.
- Offer doorbusters.Drive shoppers to your store or website by offering exclusive deals at different times of the day.
- Partner with nearby businesses.There’s strength in numbers! Pool your resources to buy advertising to promote the neighborhood as a shopping destination. Or team up with other businesses by offering in-store promotions. For example, if someone buys a shirt at one store, tell them about the great deal on shoes at the shop next door.
- Don’t forget to tell your regular customers about Small Business Saturday.Put a sign in your shop and flyers in bags reminding folks to come back the Saturday after Thanksgiving for special deals.