Recently, NFIB in Rhode Island hosted a webinar entitled “What legislation is affecting Rhode Island’s small businesses?” If you couldn’t make it, we recorded a summary video to share some of the information with you.
What We Covered
- The Governor’s tax cut proposal and legislative bills for tax hikes and tax cuts;
- Bills impacting the cost of doing business, including a minimum wage increase for up to $21/hour;
- Restrictive energy policy changes that would ban fussil fuel use for new buildings and lawncare equipment.
- The video is available for you to watch: NFIB Rhode Island: What legislation is affecting small businesses?
- In the event the above hyperlink does not work, please copy and paste this URL into your web browser: https://vimeo.com/806543923/6803cbc81b
What You Can Do Now
- Take Action Now!: Tax Cuts Could Be Coming – We Need the Relief!
- It takes one minute of your time to fill out the above hyperlinked action alert to contact your legislators and ask them to support the Governor’s tax cut proposal. Customizing your message with your business name and personal story is an effective way of making sure your message gets noticed.
- In the event the above hyperlink does not work, please copy and paste this URL into your web browser: https://www.votervoice.net/NFIB/39/campaigns/100783/respond
- Call the State House!: 401-222-3983
- Leave a message for your representatives. State your name and the town you live in, simply leaving this message: “Support the Governor’s tax cut proposals.”
- Share our action alert and this message with at least three other business owners you know!
- Contact your Rhode Island team!
- Contact State Director Chris Carlozzi with policy questions at [email protected].
- Contact Grassroots Manager Julianna Rauf if you’re interested in becoming more involved or with advocacy questions at [email protected].
- Visit NFIB.com/Advocacy-Center.
- Visit NFIB’s Advocacy Center to learn more about ways you can take action and help make the voice of small business heard.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions. Thank you for your membership!