Gov. Lamont revised Connecticut's Capacity level and travel restrictions
Governor Ned Lamont announced upcoming revisions to some of the requirements established at the beginning of COVID-19. Many of the updates are related to capacity levels and travel restrictions.
All protocols related to face coverings, social distancing, and cleaning measures will continue.
Protocols that will remain in effect until further notice include:
- Face coverings and masks continue to be required.
- Bars that only serve beverages continue to remain closed.
- 11:00 PM closing time remains in place for events at venues, restaurants, and entertainment.
- Indoor theaters continue to have a 50% capacity.
- Large event venues (e.g. stadiums) to open in April.
Beginning Friday, March 19, 2021
All capacity limits will be eliminated for the following businesses, while face coverings, social distancing, and other cleaning and disinfecting protocols will continue to be required:
- Restaurants (8-person table capacity and 11:00 PM required closing time for dining rooms continues)
- Personal services
- Indoor recreation (excludes theaters, which will continue to have a 50% capacity)
- Gyms/fitness centers
- Museums, aquariums, and zoos
- Houses of worship
Gathering sizes will be revised to the following amounts:
- Social and recreational gatherings at private residences – 25 indoors/100 outdoors.
- Social and recreational gatherings at commercial venues – 100 indoors/200 outdoors.
All sports will be allowed to practice and compete, and all sports tournaments will be allowed, subject to Department of Public Health guidance.
Connecticut’s travel advisory will be modified from a requirement to recommended guidelines.
Beginning Monday, March 29, 2021
Capacity limits on early childhood classes will increase from 16 to 20.
Beginning Friday, April 2, 2021
- Outdoor amusement parks can open.
- Outdoor event venues can increase to a 50% capacity, capped at 10,000 people.
- Indoor stadiums can open at 10% capacity.
Summer camps and summer festivals are advised to begin the planning stages to open for the upcoming season.