NFIB Arkansas hosts a virtual event highlighting the accomplishments of the 2024 legislative sessions & priorities for 2024.
Grassroots Manager Logan Nevonen hosted a virtual event with NFIB State Director Katie Burns, where they discussed the accomplishments of the legislative sessions, highlighted priorities for 2024, and encouraged members to make their voices heard.
The 94th General Assembly delivered numerous victories for small business owners in the 2023 regular session and special session. From cutting taxes to providing more opportunities for young Arkansans to join the workforce, lawmakers provided real results for our local job creators.
- Tax Relief: Lawmakers reduced the top individual rate to 4.4% and the top corporate rate to 4.8%. Not only will these tax cuts provide meaningful relief for more than 1.1 million Arkansans, but put us further down the path to fully phasing out our state income tax.
- Youth Hiring Act: This law will help small business owners fill open job positions and equip young Arkansans with the skills they need for their future careers.
NFIB makes it easy for you to keep up legislation that will impact your business at the state or federal level, and how you can get involved. Download the NFIB Engage App by visiting www.nfib.com/app/.
In the app, you will receive:
- Action alerts about legislation affecting small business
- Opportunities to contact your lawmakers
- Invites for NFIB events and online webinars
- News on NFIB’s latest work for small business in your state and around the country
Already have the app? Don’t forget to create or update your member profile! Your profile allows us to customize your experience with NFIB. For more information, visit the NFIB Advocacy Center.