Businesses must now be in compliance with the Workplace Safety Emergency Regulations implemented by the Safety and Health Codes Board at the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry. This page serves as a resource to ensure you have all the information you need and it will be updated as new resources and information become available.
- Full Text of Regulation
- Nine Steps to Achieve COVID-19 ETS Compliance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Full Training Presentation
- Overview – Abbreviated Training Presentation
- Lower Risk Training Template (while low risk employers do not have to do formal training, they must provide oral or written information to employees on the hazards of the virus to minimize exposure)
- Toolbox Talks
To access the templates for the following forms and documents, click on DOLI’s Outreach, Education and Training Resources Page HERE. These templates are in either document or excel spreadsheet formats for editing.
- Training Certification Form
- Hazard Assessment Template
- Infectious Disease Plan Template
Note: The above resources have been taken directly from the Department of Labor and Industry (DOLI) website. NFIB does not take ownership of any of the above materials and information. Questions concerning the above information should be directed to DOLI. [email protected] or (804) 371-2327.
- The Truth Behind Virginia’s Proposed COVID Workplace Regulations
- As OSHA Takes Limited Role in the Pandemic Virginia Set Workplace Safety Rules
- Coronavirus Workplace Regulation Safety – Virginia
- Virginia Becomes First State to Adopt COVID-19 Worker Safety Rules
- Virginia’s First in US Worker Virus Safety Rule Takes Effect
On July 30, 2020, NFIB State Director Nicole Riley hosted a webinar on COVID-19 Workplace Safety Regulations. Courtney Malveaux of JacksonLewis, a nationwide law firm focused on labor and employment law, reviewed the rules employers need to know to keep workers and customers safe. Presentation slides are available here.
Nicole Riley, NFIB Virginia State Director
Sharon Sykes, NFIB Virginia Grassroots Manager
Published September 2, 2020 / Updated October 16, 2020