Eight of 9 Virginia candidates endorsed by the National Federation of Independent Business won on Election Day
“Tuesday was a big day for small business,” said Nicole Riley, state director of NFIB/Virginia, the state’s leading small-business association.
Endorsed candidates who won included:
- Rob Wittman, 1st District
- Scott Rigell, 2nd District
- Randy Forbes, 4th District
- Robert Hurt, 5th District
- Bob Goodlatte, 6th District
- Dave Brat, 7th District
- Morgan Griffith, 9th District
- Barbara Comstock, 10th District
In a race still to close to call, NFIB endorsed U.S. Senate candidate Ed Gillespie trails incumbent Mark Warner by approximately 12,000 votes. This race is likely to head to a recount.
“Our members are looking forward to working with all of these elected officials on legislation that helps small businesses grow and create jobs,” Nicole Riley said.