The state Department of Revenue has launched the Louisiana Nonprofit and Small Business Assistance Program, which will provide funding to eligible nonprofits and small businesses to provide aid or assistance to individuals impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To qualify, small businesses:
- Have been open and actively operating as of June 17, 2021
- Be in good standing with the Louisiana Secretary of State’s Office, if applicable
- Be in compliance with applicable federal and Louisiana tax laws for tax years 2019 and 2020
- Not exist to advance partisan political activity
- Not directly lobby federal or state officials
- Enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Louisiana Department of Revenue to ensure funds are properly expended
Eligible businesses include corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and sole proprietorships and have 50 or fewer full-time employees. Grant recipients must use funds for workforce development activities.