On Thursday, Nov. 19, Gov. Gina Raimondo announced that Rhode Island will begin a two-week “pause” for certain parts of the economy rather than a complete statewide shutdown.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 30, the new restrictions will:
- Reduce indoor dining capacity to 33%.
- Limit small retail shops to 1 person for every 100 square feet.
- Request offices close if possible and allow work from home options.
- Close bars.
- Close recreational venues.
- Close gyms, indoor sports facilities, and fitness clubs.
NFIB will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.