NFIB is committed to building a legal and regulatory environment in our state that fosters small business growth. At the onset of 2021, we were looking forward to moving on from the challenges of a global pandemic that created many obstacles for our members.
Here are some of the highlights of our efforts for our members:
- Passed legislation guaranteeing that any funds our members received as support from the State of Arkansas or the federal government such as Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans are not taxable.
- Supported a new law that ensured small business owners could not be sued if employees or customers become infected with the coronavirus.
- Hosted a small business roundtable with U.S. Sen. John Boozman to talk about our nation’s economic recovery.
- Passed legislation that prevented a massive unemployment insurance premium increase for small businesses due to COVID-19-related layoffs.
- Presented a post-legislative session wrap-up session with state Sens. Jason Rapert and Ben Gilmore.
- Worked to support Governor Hutchison’s call for a special legislative session to enact new income tax reductions.