Poster Must Be Displayed by March 8, 2013
Last month, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released a new Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) poster and revised FMLA forms. Employers with 50 or more employees must comply with the FMLA. The revised poster and forms are available for free on DOL’s website.
The DOL notice poster summarizes major provisions of the FMLA and tells employees who is covered by FMLA and how to file a complaint. Employers covered by the FMLA must display the new poster in a consicuous place by March 8, 2013.
The poster must be displayed at all of the employer’s locations even if there are no employees eligible for FMLA at the location (e.g., there are fewer than 50 employees employed within a 75-mile radius of the worksite). Electronic posting also is permitted.
Use the following links to download the revised FMLA forms.
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
- WH-381 Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- WH-382 Designation Notice
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Service member — for Military Family Leave
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave
NFIB members with additional questions can call the NFIB Employment Law Hotline at (866) 678-6342 or email [email protected].
Updated March 4, 2013