A one-stop informational resource from NFIB California
This web page serves as a central repository for all of NFIB California’s web stories, news releases, guest editorials, media coverage, lobbying activities, member meetings, and webinars. This page will be updated periodically with the latest information.
- The Business Journal, February 13—NFIB quoted in an article about what passage of the California Schools and Local community Funding Act of 2020 would mean for small businesses.
- Web Story, January 8—NFIB Helped Deliver 200,000 Protect Prop. 13 Petitions to Governor, Legislature
- Bakersfield Californian, December 17—NFIB California Leadership Council Chairman Darrell Feil explains at a news conference why Prop. 13 protections are important to small-business owners such as him.
- Web Story, December 16—NFIB in Thick of Fight for Prop. 13
- San Francisco Chronicle, November 14—In a story about a ballot initiative for a split-roll property tax, in which all the Democratic candidates for governor support, NFIB is the only business association quoted in opposition.
- Los Angeles Daily News, October 31—Proposition 13 has been an essential protection for small-business owners for 40 years, State Director John Kabateck reminds readers in a guest editorial, which also ran in the Orange County Register, the Daily Breeze, Long Beach Press Telegram, Pasadena Star-News, Whittier Daily News, San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Redlands Daily Facts, Riverside Press-Telegram, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, and the San Bernardino Sun.
- Web Story, September 20—NFIB Testifies at Split-Roll Property Tax Hearing
- The Larry O’Connor Show, KABC 790 AM, September 3—State Director John Kabateck informs listeners why small business is deeply involved in protecting Proposition 13.
- Web Story, August 30—NFIB Joins Fight for Prop. 13 Coalition
- Web Story, August 27—Lowering Prop. 13 Threshold Bad Public Policy
- Web Story, February 27—California’s Prop. 13 may see Some Changes that Aren’t Necessarily Business Friendly