Top Legal Issues Facing Small Businesses: The Perspective from Your Lawyer
We will tackle common legal issues that face most small businesses by tracking the life-cycle of a fictional small business. We will start with a potential business owner’s idea and track the legal issues that arise as she sets her business up, begins to operate it, hires people to do some work for her, and eventually plans what to do with it as she prepares to retire, sell the business, or leave it to her heirs.
From how to choose the type of business you should establish to protecting your business from employment penalties, this webinar will walk you through the latest legal issues all employers face at some point in their small business. We'll also touch on the legal aspects of the latest healthcare mandates.
Learn how to tackle the top small business legal issues.
Watch the recording above.
This webinar will teach you:
- A basic understanding of the different types of legal entities available to small business owners (such as an LLC or a Subchapter-S Corporation), and the possible benefits of each
- Practical tips to avoid infringing on or facing litigation about someone else’s intellectual property
- Simple ways to preserve a business’s own trade secrets and other intellectual property without having to engage lawyers
- A basic understanding of legal issues relating to the classification of workers as employees or independent contractors and the implications of that classification
- Useful tips on how to plan for someone else to take over a business in the future, whether through a sale or by passing control on to heirs
To download the slides: log into your existing account (registered user or NFIB member), or register now for free.