Secure Commerce: Data Security Essentials Every Small Business Should Know
Friday, November 16 at 1:00 PM ET
Presented by: Justina Jow, Senior Investigator, Cyber-Security and Investigations
Stan Hui, Program Manager, Americas Payment System Security
Content Level: Beginner
This webinar is FREE to members and non-members
Small businesses help drive the U.S. economy, but because of their size they are also appealing cyber targets. The reality is that small businesses represent more than 90 percent of all the merchant data breach compromises that Visa investigates. As part of National Cyber Security Awareness month, Visa is hosting a webinar on small merchant data security to help arm merchants with the knowledge they need to better protect themselves from online and other threats. In this webinar, we will cover data compromise trends and simple strategies small businesses can employ to help protect their data. Just like insurance, financing and a well-trained staff, data security is essential to helping your business grow and succeed.
*This was an one-time exclusive webinar that was only offered LIVE, but be sure to download the slides from the presentation to get the key takewaways
To download the slides: log into your existing account (registered user or NFIB member), or register now for free.
- • Don’t store any cardholder data that is not needed to run your business
- • Use a PA-DSS compliant payment application
- • Restrict the use of remote access to your systems
- • Don’t use generic or default passwords
- • Train employees on security basics
- • Ensure that you only use service providers that validate compliance with PCI DSS