Alternative Funding Sources to Start or Grow Your Business
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 12pm ET (9am PT)
Presented by: Cliff Ennico, Attorney
Who should attend? Business owners; tax and accounting staff
Free to members and non-members
Even in the best of times, it’s tough to find capital for a startup or growing small business. In a tough economy, it’s even harder, but it can be done if you’re willing to be a little creative. In this NFIB webinar, small business attorney and consultant Cliff Ennico will walk you through the capital raising process, with a focus on “nontraditional” sources of money. Alternative Funding for Small BusinessTopics will include: borrowing money from friends and family; the differences between loans and equity investments; where to find money; how to “pitch” your business to investors; what investors look for in a business plan; how to survive the “due diligence” process when investors are tearing apart your books and records; and of course alternative lending sources.
- Finding creative alternative financing sources.
- How to borrow from friends and family members.
- Should people lend you money, or buy shares in your company?
- “Angel” investors and where to find them.
- How to “pitch” your business to investors.
- What investors look for in a business plan.
- How to handle an investor’s “due diligence” investigation.