The state Department of Revenue’s next series of free tax workshops will be held in Chattanooga, Johnson City, Knoxville, Memphis and Nashville.
“This is a great opportunity for small-business owners to have their questions answered, free of charge,” said Jim Brown, state director NFIB/Tennessee, the state’s leading small-business association.
Here’s the schedule:
- Chattanooga: Wednesday, Sept. 10, 8 a.m.-1:15 p.m. at the Revenue Department’s Chattanooga regional office at 540 McCallie Ave.
- Nashville: Wednesday, Sept. 10, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the department’s Metro Center office, 44 Vantage Way.
- Johnson City: Thursday, Sept. 11, 8-11:45 a.m. at the Johnson City office, 204 High Point Drive.
- Memphis: Thursday, Sept. 11, 8:30 a.m.-noon at the Renaissance Business Center, 555 Beale St.
- Knoxville: Wednesday, Sept. 17, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Knoxville office, at 7175 Strawberry Plains Pike.
These workshops are designed to assist those encountering business-related taxes for the first time.
Tax specialists from various local and state agencies will provide the basic information needed to comply with registration and tax requirements.
During the session, attendees will have the opportunity to listen to these tax specialists, ask questions and receive materials explaining tax responsibilities. Topics will include business tax, sales and use tax, unemployment tax and tax enforcement procedures.
Space is limited and registration is required. For more information, call 800-342-1003 or 615-253-0600, or visit http://www.tn.gov/revenue/education/newbustaxworkshops.shtml.