The three-day event is geared towards employers, human resource personnel, safety managers, attorneys, insurance adjusters and claims handlers, medical providers and others involved in handling workers’ compensation claims.
- How causation is determined by physicians
- How physicians can communicate with employers, insurance carriers, and injured employees about treatment
- The introduction of treatment guidelines and changes to the current Utilization Review process
- How physicians are selected by injured workers
- New penalties for not providing benefits timely