blog comments powered by Disqus
Here’s a look at some of NFIB/North Carolina's victories in the 2012 Legislative session:
- Regulatory reform: Won support for a Joint Regulatory Reform Committee to review and repealing unnecessary job-killing rules and regulations.
- Health insurance mandates: Successfully opposed legislation requiring employers to provide paid sick leave to their employees.
- Tort reform: Worked with other groups to pass legislation that making it harder to bring lawsuits against small businesses.
- Taxes: Passed legislation forcing state government to consider long-needed changes to the state tax structures.
- Workers' compensation: Fought to level the playing field for small businesses when it comes to fighting bogus workers' comp claims.
- Energy: Supported legislation to diversity energy production in the state.
- Tax credit: Succeeded in winning approval of a $3,500 tax credit for small businesses.