Major Tax Reform
- NFIB was successful in getting the corporate tax rate reduced from 6.9% to 5% by 2015.
- Reducing the personal income tax rate from 7.75% to a flat 5.9%.
- Repealed the “death tax” saving family businesses.
Successful Workers’ Compensation Changes
- Fought to level the playing field for small businesses when it comes to fighting bogus workers’ comp. claims.
Stopped Union Activity Proposals
Defeated proposals which included efforts for collective bargaining and union payroll deduction for employees of associations.
Provided Unemployment Insurance Relief
- Saved employers tens of millions of dollars in interest owed to the federal government from the $2.8 billion debt from the recession.
- Will reduce the number of paid weeks and the amount from $535 to $350.
Being Heard…Small Business Owners Appointed
Based on the recommendation of NFIB, more and smaller business owners are being heard on state boards and commissions. Through the offices of the Governor, Speaker of the House and President Pro Tem of the Senate, NFIB members are being appointed and being heard!
Tax on Services
- Helped prevent the taxing of additional services in the state to provide revenue for the tax reform cuts.