Defeated Minimum Wage Increase
- NFIB was successful in leading the drive to phase out the Accelerated Sales Tax
- 98% of retailers no longer pay the Accelerated Sales Tax
- Successfully opposed legislation that would have expanded the powers of local revenue officials to include examining the books and records of businesses.
- Won passage of a constitutional amendment on eminent domain
- Limits the government’s ability to seize private property for anything other than public use.
- Can no longer seize property for economic development or private gain.
- Definition of "just compensation" now includes lost profits and access to businesses
PHOTO: Varmin/Wikimedia Commons