Former President and CEO
Donald A. (Dan) Danner is the former President and CEO of NFIB. Danner worked at NFIB for 22 years, serving as the CEO for seven years before retiring in February 2016.
Columns from the President
- NFIB’s Duggan: Major NFIB Victory on the Overtime RuleThe U.S. House of Representatives has voted to push back the new Overtime Rule deadline to June 1, 2017. NFIB is working tirelessly on this for you, and I have personally urged hundreds of members of the House and Senate to make this issue a priority.
- NFIB’s Duggan: Assessing the Obama PresidencyIn less than five months, President Obama will leave office and historians will begin to assess his accomplishments and failures. Here, I give you a preview of his legacy from the small business perspective.
- NFIB’s Duggan: Vote Your Federal Member Ballot TodayThe newest Federal Member Ballot is ready for your vote! The ballot results determine NFIB's position on key small business issues, and that position determines everything else, including how we deploy our lobbying, research, legal, and public education resources on your behalf.
- NFIB’s Duggan: Small Business and the Republican National ConventionSmall business is the key to America's economic strength, and it should be a major issue in the campaign.
- NFIB’s Duggan: Who Will Small Business Voters Support?Both Trump and Clinton claim to be focused on helping small business, and NFIB certainly hopes that's true. But crowd-pleasing soundbites aren't enough.
- NFIB’s Duggan: Government Working Overtime to Complicate Small BusinessThe White House is expected next week to approve a new version of the overtime rule that could affect millions of small businesses, driving up their labor costs and creating more layers of red tape.
- NFIB’s Duggan: Our Research Proves Garland Is Not a ModeratePresident Obama's Supreme Court nominee, Judge Merrick Garland, has a record that speaks for itself. He's a judge who believes that government is nearly always right and that private businesses are almost always wrong.
- NFIB’s New President and CEO Is Ready to Work for Small BusinessNFIB is excited to welcome Juanita Duggan as our new President and CEO. Under her leadership, your NFIB team continues to work for reform on key issues such as taxes, regulations and healthcare.
- NFIB’s Danner: Time for 2016 Candidates to Focus on Small Business IssuesWhile the 2016 presidential race offers lots of drama, so far it lacks a serious focus on small business issues. And that's unfortunate--as economic issues appear to be motivating voters in both parties this year.
- NFIB’s Danner: What’s in Store for Small Business in 2016?Don't expect Congress to be very productive in 2016, when every House seat, a third of the Senate and the presidency are all up for election.