Former President and CEO
Donald A. (Dan) Danner is the former President and CEO of NFIB. Danner worked at NFIB for 22 years, serving as the CEO for seven years before retiring in February 2016.
Columns from the President
- NFIB’s Duggan: Government Working Overtime to Complicate Small BusinessThe White House is expected next week to approve a new version of the overtime rule that could affect millions of small businesses, driving up their labor costs and creating more layers of red tape.
- NFIB’s Duggan: Our Research Proves Garland Is Not a ModeratePresident Obama's Supreme Court nominee, Judge Merrick Garland, has a record that speaks for itself. He's a judge who believes that government is nearly always right and that private businesses are almost always wrong.
- NFIB’s New President and CEO Is Ready to Work for Small BusinessNFIB is excited to welcome Juanita Duggan as our new President and CEO. Under her leadership, your NFIB team continues to work for reform on key issues such as taxes, regulations and healthcare.
- NFIB’s Danner: Time for 2016 Candidates to Focus on Small Business IssuesWhile the 2016 presidential race offers lots of drama, so far it lacks a serious focus on small business issues. And that's unfortunate--as economic issues appear to be motivating voters in both parties this year.
- NFIB’s Danner: What’s in Store for Small Business in 2016?Don't expect Congress to be very productive in 2016, when every House seat, a third of the Senate and the presidency are all up for election.
- NFIB’s Danner: Nurture the Next Generation of EntrepreneursAmerica's small businesses have a vested interest in the education and skill levels of U.S. workers, and by extension, the effectiveness of K-12 education in this country. Unfortunately, too many of America's schools are not sufficiently preparing the next generation of American workers and business owners.
- NFIB’s Danner: 2016 Health Insurance Open Enrollment Is HereHealth insurance remains a huge concern for all small business owners. But you have NFIB on your side, helping you navigate through the 2016 open enrollment season.
- NFIB’s Danner: Get Your Questions Ready for the 2016 Presidential CandidatesThe 2016 Presidential TeleForum is here! NFIB members, don't miss this exclusive opportunity to interview the presidential candidates in both parties for the most important job in the country.
- NFIB’s Danner: Small Business Is the Heart of the American Story"There's not a group of Americans who work harder than small business owners," says NFIB President and CEO Dan Danner in his 2015 Labor Day message.
- NFIB’s Danner: EPA Power Rule Could Turn Out the Lights on Small BusinessIt has been a busy summer for NFIB, due largely to the EPA, whose aggressive global warming agenda threatens the survival of many American small businesses.